Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 21, circuit direction: , closing at: 1550.
Information current as of 15:12 on 13/12/2017 (local).
AD CLOSED TO FIXED WING TRAFFIC DUE SNOW AND ICE
Despite the overnight rain & rise in temperatures there are still large patches of ice on the runway.
Weds 13th December 2017
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 1510 270/18G30 10km NIL SCT010 H988 E973 +5/+2
Met Warnings ~
STRONG WIND :- WSW Winds with mean 15-20kt at times and gusts of 25-30kt may occur. Valid 131200-140000
RFFS Category ~ 2
Helicopter Circuit ~ RH
Sunset ~ 1550
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. AD closed to fixed wing operations
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
5. Sywell NDB U/S TFN
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing.
9. Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. Air Ground service only now available. Changes to RFF Category.
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 18th Dec - TBN
Tue 19th Dec - TBN
Wed 13th Dec - Nil
Thu 14th Dec - TBN
Fri 15th Dec - TBN
Sat 16th Dec - Nothing planned
Sun 17th Dec - Nothing planned
Please see the events page.